We are in the business of providing the best Greensboro roofing solutions to residents and businesses.
And many homeowners often ask us if it is better to repair or replace a roof.
Although the answer is not as straightforward as you might want, everything depends on whether you see these seven signs you need a new roof now.
- Roof is more than 20 years old. Everything has a lifespan, including your roof.
- A light beam shines from the roof. You can patch it up, but there might be smaller holes and cracks you do not see.
- Shingle granules are gone. Granules minimize weather-related roof damage. Their absence indicates roof deterioration, necessitating roof replacement.
- Breaks and cracks in flashings. Examine these elements around chimneys, skylights, and vents because they can break over time.
- Sagging roof. A droopy roof almost always signals trapped moisture and rotting boards. There is no temporary fix for this, only a permanent replacement.
- Unwanted plant species. Moss, lichen, and similar plant species might look great in the garden, but never on the roof.
- Persistent roof leaks. Roof repair bills are piling up, and you still get water stains and other discolorations on the wall.
Contact GSO Roofing immediately if you notice any of these tell-tale signs. After all, we are Greensboro’s leading roofing company.