Maintaining the roof is a responsibility every homeowner and business owner must take to heart. After all, this building component is crucial to ensuring the integrity, safety, and comfort of everyone and everything inside.
However, residents and businesses can only do so much to maintain their roofs. You need professional Greensboro roofing specialists to inspect your roof and certify its structural soundness. But how often should you have professionals inspect your roof?
How Often Your Roof Should Be Professionally Inspected?
The National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) recommends twice-yearly roof inspections, preferably during the fall and spring because of milder weather. It is also wise to get a professional to inspect your roof after every severe storm.
DIY Roof Inspection
If you don’t want to hire a professional, you can create a checklist of what to look for when inspecting the roof. You can include the following.
- Missing, broken, or damaged shingles
- Cracked, rusted, or loose gutters
- Missing or crumbling chimney mortar
- Presence of lichen and moss
- Curled caulk or cracked sealant
- Cracked, peeled-off, or worn boots around chimneys, vents, and pipes
- Rusty or cracked metal flashings
- Tree branches scraping against the roof
- Missing or damaged chimney cap
Get Professional Roof Inspection
GSO Roofing offers a comprehensive roof assessment for residents and businesses in Greensboro and neighboring areas. You will get an honest and straightforward evaluation at a reasonable price.